WELL visits are completed when your child is in good health, without signs of illness, so the doctor can learn more about your child.
- Developmental screenings are required per pediatric clinical guidelines. Majority of the time, insurances reimburse the fee fully. However, per your specific policy, a small amount may be your responsibility as part of deductibles.
- If your child is experiencing signs of illness during the WELL visit, the appointment type will be updated to SICK visit. The WELL visit can be rescheduled to 1-2 weeks later when your child is feeling better.
SICK visit (also known as OFFICE visit) – has co-pay, deductibles, or co-insurance, due at the time of service, per your specific insurance policy.
- Sick visits include, but are not limited to:
- Behavioral concerns
- Physician Orders (such as x-rays, etc.)
- Sick Visits are scheduled SAME-DAY to ensure we can best take care of your child. We encourage parents to call first thing in the morning to schedule a sick visit appointment or prior to 3:30 pm. Our appointments are on a first come, first serve basis. However, we will do our best to accommodate all sick appointments that same day.
- If you prefer to observe at home first, we kindly ask that you call on the same day you like your child to be checked.
Mutual Respect of Time
We pride ourselves on punctuality at Happy Bun Pediatrics. Although there may be emergency situations that are out of our control resulting in our schedule running behind, we pledge quality care with minimal wait times to the best of our ability. In order to respect your time, we make the following requests.
- Arrive early or on time for your appointments. We may have to reschedule if you arrive 15 minutes late.
- If you plan on having an additional child seen during an appointment, please notify us in advance, or we may not be able to address your concerns at that time.
- If you are running late, call the office. We may be able to accommodate you with advanced notice.
Confirmations will be sent via email, text, and phone. If you do NOT confirm your appointment in at least one manner, we will assume you are unavailable and may cancel the appointment.
Missed Appointment Fee
Broken appointments represent a cost to us, you, and to other patients who could have been seen in that time slot. Cancellations are required 24 hours prior to set appointment time or you will be charged a $75 “No Show” fee and may result in dismissal from the practice. Patients with 3 missed appointments in a 12-month period will be asked to transfer their records to another practice.